Search
  • Woody

The Problem

Updated: Jan 19

Day 325


1/17/20


A guy named Ryan Holiday wrote a book that I haven't read yet called The Obstacle Is The Way. Don't worry, it's on my list.


I've been thinking a lot about obstacles lately, particularly the ones in my own life. I came to this conclusion. The obstacle isn't the problem, you're the problem. If that wasn't the truth, Holiday's book would be titled The Obstacle Is The Problem, and it would only require a sentence or two, "To all the complainers, you're right. It's not your fault. The world is out to get you." Not very compelling.


The obstacle isn't the problem. Obstacles are a guarantee. Challenges are a guarantee. Adversity is a guarantee. Don't complain about it. Find a solution. Obviously, obstacles come in many shapes and sizes, and maybe 1% of them might be insurmountable. But there sure is a lot of complaining out there about the other 99%.


Get over yourself. You're the problem.


If you don't like the results you're getting, get better.


Take ownership of the situation. Quit blaming the environment and improve it instead.


If this offends you, you probably need to hear it.


But remember, the first person I told this to was myself, so if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hunt for some solutions. If you need me, I'll be getting better somewhere. You are welcome to join me.




Yesterday

Tomorrow


30 views

©2019 by Live Enamored. Proudly created with Wix.com